Thursday, May 13, 2010

Up and Down....

Another up and down day...

The girls are, for the most part "up" and the parental units are "down". 

Caitlyn had another great morning. She has gathered enough energy back that she was able to make it through an entire bottle - go girly!! Her oxygen and IV were removed - her bacterial cultures all came back negative - Yay! Today was the day for her MRI - she went for that early this afternoon. Unfortunately, they opted not to sedate her for the procedure and she did not tolerate the full period of time needed to scan her head. She was able to get through half only when they pulled her out of the scanner. So...what this means I'm not sure yet, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to discuss it with the team. On a postive note, she is back in the crib with her two sisters and all seem quite content. 

Emily and Heather again are doing very well - they both attempted to take a bottle - Emily got through half before she tuckered out and Heather...well, she decided she'd rather nap than work on sucking a bottle nipple....next time maybe. 

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow provided all the girls remain healthy. These pictures are from two days ago...still cute though! Caitlyn as I mentioned is now back in the "triplet crib" - her oxygen and IV are now gone!

Emily (left) & Heather (right) 
 

Jer and I seem to be plagued by minor, annoying bugs/viruses - once again I'm home for at least 24-48 hours with a minor ailment. Jer is recovering once again... This is so frustrating and scary knowing that our wee babes are much less tolerant - any "minor" ailment for us is a "major" deal for them. So...likely this will be it for the update today - we'll continue to get minor reports from the nursing staff who continually try to reassure us...

Grandpa Bill will be arriving tomorrow so he'll resume the visiting and cuddling until Jer and I are back on scene...

Until the next time...

Jan
--

No comments:

Post a Comment