Mother's day was a mixed blessing today -
I awoke to a lovely greeting from Jennifer (who has decided she likes to be called "Sarah") and a beautiful breakfast of crepes and fruit. Yummy! The morning evolved with hopes that I would go and visit the newest Fraser girls however, alas, I decided to give one more day to getting back to the pink of health. As much as I struggle not seeing the babies, I rest in the knowledge that they are gaining strength every day and do not need any more set backs!
Jer too was afflicted with a bad tummy and could not visit today however, we were given frequent reports from the nurse's both day and night. These nurses have both looked after the girls for the past number of days/nights and have really taken a shine to them.
At the end of the day today, Caitlyn had championed her way through an entire bottle-feeding!! Emily will be trialled on the bottle later this evening and then if tolerated, Caitlyn and Emily will alternate each feed between bottle and being tube-fed. This will help balance their energy expenditure with learning the new skill and coordination of bottle-feeding.
Heather also had a great day. She was able to have her air-flow turned down from 3 to 2 and has been tolerating this very well. She also has had her feeds increased again and is tolerating that as well. Her episodes of bradys and apneas have decreased today however she'll still be monitored closely for some time.
We will all sleep soundly tonight knowing the girls are all doing well -
Goodnight...
Jan
--
No comments:
Post a Comment