Today was bath day for the babies - happens once a week. I didn't realize when I arrived that that would be my task for the morning; however, I accepted it gratefully and we charged ahead. All three girls took to the water without a problem - Emily needed to make herself clear that she likes her hair shampooed and styled a certain way but otherwise not a peep out of anyone.
After their ablutions and coiffings, the girls were each rewarded with a warm blanket and warm milk then tucked into bed - hey that sounds good right about now!
Last evening and this morning were reality checks for me - both nurses, last night and today, really were hands off for most of the time that I was there. So today, I bathed each of the girls, dressed them, fed them, put them to sleep. By the time I was finished all of that, I had just an hour before I would need to wake Caitlyn for her next feed....doing the calculation....Sleep? Do we really need it?
Regardless, we are looking forward to having the girls home - at least we'll be tired together. Speaking of home...Caitlyn will have her second car seat test tomorrow - if she can sit in her car seat for 90 minutes without any problems, she will likely be discharged tomorrow. We're nervous but excited -- all mixed into one big bundle. The nice thing about taking her home is that I can still visit Emily and Heather and bring Caitlyn along with me. Technically, I can also bring Jennifer; however, she's a bit more of a handful and, besides, still has a sporadic cough that I don't want to expose the girls to if I can help it. We'll work on getting a sitter....hmmm, note to self - must move closer to family!
Emily will be trialled again off her caffeine - hopefully she has grown enough in the past week that she can tolerate being without. Heather has had a great couple of days - she has shown great progress with her suck-swallow-breathe technique and really needs only to gather enough energy to get through a whole bottle. Soon...I think both Emily and Heather will be following Caitlyn home in the next 2 weeks...that my prediction for now anyway.
So...No pictures today - sorry. I'll try to get some up tomorrow.
Happy day - happy sleep -
love Jan
--
No comments:
Post a Comment