Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy day...

I'm happy to say that today was a happy day.

Grandpa Bill arrived safely and shortly thereafter left for the hospital to visit his granddaughters. He fell right back into step and pretty soon had one girl on each arm to cuddle...pure bliss.

The day concluded with Grandpa Bill and Mama returning to visit briefly in the evening for more (quick) cuddles and feedings.

Caitlyn has had a really good day - she continues to do very well with her bottle feeding however, tonight she was plum tuckered so I opted to feed her through her tube and let her suck on a soother instead. No sooner had she finished the last drop and she was into her dreams. So far - her ailment earlier this week is somewhat of a mystery other than low blood cells and a low sugar - it may just stay a mystery however, she now is looking great.

Emily had a great cuddle with Grandpa Bill - she too has had a great day working diligently on mastering the art of the "suck-swallow-breathe" technique of bottle feeding. I've determined that she looks very much like Grandpa Bill...time will tell.

Heather and I needed to have a heart-to-heart after she, not once but twice, decided to drop her oxygen levels to an alarmingly low level and required some back rubs to pick it up again. She just looked at me adoringly with her gigantic eyes and offered what amounted to a grin... I have a much better appreciation of how Jer felt the night he was alone with Heather and she did the same thing...it was quite unnerving.

All the girls were tucked into their shared crib and promptly nodded off to sleep...delightfully adorable.

We too will sleep well after a long but happy day...
Janet

--

No comments:

Post a Comment