The hardest days are the ones in which neither of the parental units can visit the girls. It is some comfort to know that the nursing staff are wonderful and they take great care of our daughters; however, it's not the same as either being there, or knowing that the other parent is there.
I'm happy to report that I am better; however, I'm going by my 24-hour rule: no symptoms for 24 hours before I return to the hospital... so tomorrow, hopefully, fingers crossed. Jer is not feeling well enough to go in -- I'm not sure when he will feel comfortable to return to visit the girls. I've considered bleaching our entire house and then encasing it in a secure bubble: we would surely avoid any further viral bugs if we did that...right? Frustrating is the only word to describe this!
The girls, well, they are doing great. Everyone can reach for a piece of wood now...
Caitlyn was pretty much spent after her MRI ordeal and required a bit of airflow support to help her to breath and keep her oxygen up. By this morning, she had come off this support again. There are no more scheduled tests that I know of for this wee girl so...let's hope we've seen the last of the spinal and blood culture needles. Emily had a great day yesterday working her way up to 3/4 of a bottle on her own - Yeah for her!! She is continuing to display great energy and spunk when awake. Heather surprised us all last night by taking about 1/2 a bottle on her own. The nurses have been terrific in offering the girls opportunities to practice this new and valuable skill, but at the same time not pushing them too fast. Heather had a couple of low heart rates over the past 12 hours but, overall, these were short lived and not a big concern at this point.
You may recall from initial postings that all three girls were put on caffeine to help them with their bradys and apneas; hopefully, they will all begin the weaning process from the caffeine next week. Great news for all of us as it will bring them one step closer to coming home!!
Grandpa Bill arrives today after a long drive over the mountains...it will be great to have his input and knowledge here on the ground, along with his comforting presence. Jennifer announced to me today that he was coming, while she was jumping up and down in exaltation... Someone is very excited!!
More news to come as the day evolves...
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment