Oh happy day....
Jennifer burst out of her crib this morning, her first words being "Where's baby Caitlyn?" She could hardly contain her joy at seeing that her sister was still here at her house. Her bowl of "flakes" went virtually untouched after a couple of mouthfuls, she announced "I all done" and bounded out of her chair to look at her baby sister.
Caitlyn has taken the new attention with great stride, offering the occasional coo, cry or grunt which, if Jennifer has averted her gaze, draws her right back in. The two seem to be getting on quite famously.
Thanks to some great neighbours, Jennifer was able to have a play-date today (and again Thursday and Friday) to allow for Caitlyn and I to visit the other two sisters in hospital. Caitlyn was welcomed back by the staff, and quickly deposited back in the crib (downsized to a twin size) where she promptly assumed her role and fell deeply asleep. Emily and Heather were also delighted to have their sister back although noted that their space had been significantly reduced - Emily offered some hearty squawks to make her displeasure of the situation known but soon came to the realisation that they are very cozy together. All the girls are doing well - E and H continue to work and make headway on their feeding.
As evening came, Jennifer asked if she could see Caitlyn one more time before bed. As she gazed with saucer sized eyes over the edge of the cradle she quietly said "night night Caitlyn, I love you too..."
So...night has come, Papa is back at the hospital, big and little sister are asleep and I too shall bid you good night so I can catch an hours sleep before Cailtyn needs feeding again.
Not before a couple more pictures of the sisters getting acquainted....
Enjoy
Jan
--


No comments:
Post a Comment