The day started out very well with Papa Jeremy finally returning to lay eyes on his 3 baby girls. He had not been there for long when he was informed that the girls would be moving to the Rockyview Hospital today as they were now considered "stable". This was met with mixed feelings from the parental units (namely myself) as, on the one hand, moving meant the girls were healthy enough to go to a "level 2" care centre - a positive. On the other hand, we were worried that they were not recovered enough from their infections....
Well, they were transported safely and settled in by 4 pm. I was able to go and see the girls this afternoon just as they had all arrived. The girls are all in the same room and will likely be cared for by one nurse -- she'll be very busy I think. Seeing the girls settled was enough to put my (and Jeremy's) mind at ease - I quickly was transported back to Jennifer's stay - she too spent time in the Rockyview NICU - and recalled quickly how supported we felt and that our baby was receiving excellent care. I had the same feeling today....
The long and short of it is, that all of the girls are doing very well. Caitlyn has been removed off of isolation but Heather and Emily remain. This seems rather silly because they are all in the same room. Anyway, hopefully the other two will follow shortly. The nurses were quick to remove all of the tape and other unnecessary items off of their faces, so when we went in to see them, we had a real good look at all of their little faces - they are so cute...we'll send more pictures tomorrow....I'm not biased.
From a medical perspective I think they are recovering very well. All the girls have been taken off the antibiotics and antivirals. They may need to suffer through one more nasal swab but hopefully no more pokes -- crossing fingers. Heather and Emily were quite active tonight while Caitlyn was more conservative in her use of energy and was using only the minimum to stretch in her sleep. All the girls are gaining weight all seems to be going in the right direction.
So...all in all a good day!!
Now for sleep.....
Jan
--
No comments:
Post a Comment