Looking at the girls today dreamily, I tried to imagine what our life will be like in a week, two weeks, a month. Being pregnant with the girls was the beginning of us all getting used to the idea of becoming 6; having the girls and caring for them in hospital has been yet another step towards our transition to becoming the Fraser 6....all of the preparation though somehow seems minimal when the reality is upon us now that these girls are coming home!
The doctor and nurses asked me yesterday if I was ready for Caitlyn to come home - for a split second I wasn't sure how to respond -- of course I want all of the girls home...but will I ever be truly ready? Shouldn't there be some kind of certification process that qualifies us to be parents of triplets?
Spending the evening tonight getting the last bits organized in the girl's new room was a good tonic to bring me out of my dreamy state...the list has been drafted of last minute items to be picked up, borrowed or bought, the new crib sheets are in the wash, thoughts directed towards what outfits they will need to come home in, and car seats disassembled for cleaning in preparation for the "car seat challenge" before they are discharged from hospital.
The girls are healthy, happy, hungry and delightful.
They really are going to come home...all of them. A dream come true.
Jan
Good questions, Janet - I think we all ask ourselves that question of certification whether it's one, or two or four or more!
ReplyDeleteI am loving following your comments, pictures, reflections. You and Jer are the most incredibly positive, loving, and now courageous parents and these girls don't know how lucky they are just yet :-) But they will :-)