Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No news is good news

I went in to the NICU this morning, but the girls were pretty stable, so I went off to work for the afternoon, then returned in the evening.


The girls all did relatively well today. Emily surpassed her birth weight tonight, which means that all the girls are now over that target, and growing. They are moving to bigger and bigger feeds, which is great.


Heather had a much better day today on her higher air flow, although she still had the periodic apnea / bradycardia. She seemed tired, which I'm sure she was, from yesterday's events, but she had some spunk when she woke up, and examed well. She also had a nice staring match with her pops. She had another x-ray, which showed progress in her abdominal bloating and so she was started again on feeds. They will build up her feeds until her IV is no longer necessary (hopefully, it will last out!).


Jan felt better this morning and we are all hoping that she will feel better enough by tomorrow to go in and be with the girls!


Cheers,
Jer

No comments:

Post a Comment