Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two forward...One facing the right direction...

Morning came quickly after a restless sleep for the Mama and the Papa...however, the 3am report for Caitlyn was quite positive, the number of episodes of low oxygen had been greatly reduced - I think she only had one significant episode!

This morning, I was greeted by the Doctor who stated "the good Lord is shining on your daughter" -- I appreciated his faith and humility in acknowledging that sometimes divine intervention is truly all we can rely on...on the other hand, I'm hoping that the medical team continue to press forward in their efforts to solve the "Caitlyn conundrum". So...what you can take from this is that Caitlyn is doing much better. Her color is better, her energy is better and she is "examining well" - which basically means she looks great and fusses when she is supposed to! The blood transfusion seemed to be a good intervention after all.

The results of some of her tests have started to trickle in -- she does NOT have a virus in her spinal fluid - phew!! As such, she has been taken off the antiviral medication she was started on yesterday. There are still a number of results to come in still, so she'll continue on antibiotics until all the preliminary results are back. All in all, a good start to her day! She will undergo an MRI of her head tomorrow...but we'll worry about that tomorrow.

Emily and Heather are oblivious to all the hub-bub and continue to snooze and schmooze in a delightful manner. There are currently no concerns with either of them and I have been instructed to have a long heart to heart with all 3 girls about the consequences of worrying the parental units so much....hmmm. Anyway, I couldn't resist and snatched Emily out of her crib for a quick snuggle and brief chat - Heather was far too comfy to disturb her so I'll wait until later.

The days are long here but once again, it appears the girls are all facing in the right direction again...towards home!

Happy day...
Love Jan
--

No comments:

Post a Comment