This is a late posting but I got home late last night and opted for sleep over typing... We all enjoyed a little sleep in this morning; the last one for a long, long while?
Jennifer and I spent the day at home while Papa visited the girls at "the office" as Jennifer calls the hospital. Jennifer had a great day playing with Mama's friend Catherine who flew out to visit briefly and give Mama some time to get some more organization done. It was great to catch up both with a visit and some much needed "housekeeping". Jennifer was elated and had a great day!!
The wee girls too had a good day - all the girls are gaining weight rapidly and all approaching 5 lbs. They are getting so big and I'm finding myself trying to recall just how small they were when they were born...time is going to go by quickly and these girls will be running around all of us before we know it.
All the girls and I had lovely cuddles. Caitlyn continues to work on mastering the art of breastfeeding and treating her Mama to wonderful snuggles. Emily's wonderous eyes and facial expressions full of curiosity quickly draw me in and captivate all who are near her. She and I decided to practice breast-feeding as she is consistently taking at least 3/4 of a bottle when offered. She gave a good effort but after a few minutes was clearly signalling her frustration and confusion with the attempt. That said, she downed the entire bottle afterwards, so we're on the right track! Heather was showing her true stlye - I can always recognize Heather without seeing her face - she's the babe with all arms and legs flailing about joyously in her space. Heather was bright-eyed and wide awake when I went to feed her so, without really planning, we decided to try her on the breast as well. She took to it quickly but after a few minutes was also tired out. The effort was duly noted and she was rewarded with a warm bottle and eventually tuckered, finished her feed by the tube. All in all, great strides for all.
We're not sure when Caitlyn will be looked at again for a repeat car-seat test, perhaps even today (Monday). She should be coming home soon though and the others not long to follow....
Winning the lottery has a whole new meaning - we've won 4 times over now!
Thanks to all for the continued support in all the capacities that it has been offered - we are truly blessed and feel so fortunate. Hope you continue to enjoy our updates....
Jan
--
No comments:
Post a Comment