Caitlyn looking sleepy after a feed
Heather snuggles down
Emily sleeping well -- the IV in her hand is now gone
Caitlyn's Limo
...and with a personal concierge, to boot!
A bundle of Caitlyn
I was finally able to go in and visit those girls yesterday and what a treat! Sitting and hearing the news of infections, intubations and punctures for these little angels from afar was as close to agony as I think I've ever come. It's amazing how quickly a child can claim a part of your soul, so that separation from them becomes as excruciating as the amputation of any limb.
Today was even better, at least for me. I went off to the hospital with Jan's mom Marg tonight and we were able to spend a really good solid stretch with the girls. As Jan wrote, they are now in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Rockyview Hospital, where Jennifer spent the first two weeks of her life. The setting is both familiar and comforting and we had an instant sense of confidence in the staff, some of whom we even recognized. The girls are all together in a room, at least in part (I think) because Emily and Heather are both still on "isolation" (glove and gown to touch them). I was able to touch them all and both feed Heather and cuddle with Caitlyn for a sweet, calm and relaxing half hour. They are all doing well and appear to be gaining weight. Feeds are increasing gradually. We are waiting on more test results for Emily and Heather and, after that, they will hopefully be off of isolation, which will make visiting more convenient, comfortable and intimate.
Poor Jan, though. Now she's in the thick of it. She awoke with a tickle in her throat and she is now not feeling well enough to go in. Hopefully, this will pass quicker for her than it did for me. She told me tonight how she appreciated knowing, as I had, that the other of us was able to be with the girls. I will return to the hospital tonight for a quick visit with the girls, but it is back to work for me tomorrow. If Jan wakes up feeling better tomorrow, she and her sister Cindy, who is visiting from Texas and providing support, can go off and have a relaxing extended visit with them. Here's hoping...
Anyways, I'll let you know later if there is any news... Here's a few more pics from Rockyview...
Ciatlyn snoozes
The Fraser Suite
Ciatlyn... snoozes (yeah, but it's a different position, and SO CUTE!)

Heather demonstrates the perfect "happy baby" position (really, the nurses said!)

Emily calculating pi to the 128th decimal place

Papa (off screen) in esctasy, holding sweet Caitlyn









Such sweet pictures - thank you for sharing! I'm really glad you're able to go in to the hospital now Jer. Sending lots of love to all your family.
ReplyDelete