Each day that passes it gets more and more frustrating to have half of our children in the hospital and half at home. Frustrating is not really what I mean - I think I'm just getting impatient and greedy to want all my children at home together. We've contemplated, planned, organized, re-organized, waited and watched in anticipation for our 3 girls to arrive home and now, we wait....until tomorrow. It's one of those tomorrows that never seems to arrive.
Heather and Emily are doing great - I think that is part of the frustration. Granted, they are still having significant problems managing to drink a "full" bottle of milk (50-60 mls) so, in a practical sense, they are not ready to come home, but they are perfect in every other way. Some days I just want to steal them away from the hospital and pretend all is just fine!
Speaking of just fine - Heather has cracked the 6 lb mark!! She has really taken off! Emily too has gained well and in fact has caught up to Caitlyn - both at about 5 lbs 9 oz.
We all went into the hospital this morning. Jennifer was more interested in the playroom than her newest playmates. This was quite reassuring for me, as I won't feel badly about not taking her to the hospital all of the time. Jennifer and I left Jer at the hospital feeding E and H while we zipped off to Ikea and Lee Valley with a quick stop for a lunch break. We're finding it really valuable to spend some good one-on-one time with Jennifer right now - (Okay, I know shopping at Ikea is hardly ideal quality time, but it is geared towards kids!) and we try to fit it in any way we can.
So once again our day is winding to a close. I just returned from a final hospital run to bid goodnight to the two girls and drop off some precious milk. Holding each of them in my arms and looking into their great big eyes, I found myself wishing it was tomorrow...the one in which I get to bring them home.
Goodnight,
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment