Today we really explored our new van. Okay - most of you are saying - didn't you check it out BEFORE you bought it? Well, yes "we" did - okay well, Jer checked it out thoroughly and, might I add did a fantastic job in his spotting, negotiating and eventual securing of the van. Because these vans are quite a hot item - seen today, sold tomorrow - we jumped on it. It is the biggest mini-van on the market (or so we are to believe). Anyway - we tried to fit the "triplet" stroller in the van today....guess what....it's bigger!
So, we have a great van. We have a great stroller. Unfortunately neither will fit inside the other. Correction - the stroller will fit but we'd have to leave a child behind. Hmmm - hardly an option. Would it have changed our decision on the van? Not likely. I'm not sure any van would fit this "limousine" stroller (did I mention it has a steering wheel) apart from a 20 passenger panel van with the last two row of seats removed. The stroller will make for a great walk-about unit while the girls get "Chariot" ready. Thankfully, we have the stroller on loan vs having bought it ourselves.
Enough about the van you say! So, the girls had another quiet but great day. Caitlyn and Mama slept in until 8:30 am this morning (ooops...I mean ahhh) and were therefore a little late getting off to the hospital. We had only a very brief visit and time to catch the team's rounds (no significant news...status quo) before we had to head back home. I am ecstatic to report that Heather completed a full bottle on her own!! Further I've learned that Emily too has championed a number of her bottles and completed them as well! At this rate, we could actually be bringing two girls home instead of one at a time - how great would that be!
We rushed home so that Papa could go on a bike ride for 12 noon - he had a great ride and was better for it. Everyone else caught a brief but important nap in the afternoon and then headed outside for some more fun in the sun (27 degree high). So, now that the evening has arrived again, I sit here typing at 9:30 pm and listen to the coos of Caitlyn and the stories being told to "Zoe" the doll by Jennifer (yes, she is still awake).
It's a beautiful night and I am forced to reflect on just how blessed we are as a family. Thank you all for being a part of it.
Jan
Flashbacks.....for your enjoyment
Caitlyn then (1 day old).....
....and now
Emily then.... 1 week old
.....and now
Heather then.....1 week old
(arm the size of Jer's finger)
and now!






No comments:
Post a Comment