Today was our first collective opportunity to regroup a bit. We had a relatively normal day -- Jan was off to the NICU this morning on a milk delivery run, while Jennifer and I hung out and rode her "bike" (tricycle) to the park. Jennifer is slowly getting used to her new bike, but she has not yet caught on to the whole pedaling thing. She loves it when I use her tricycle for a scooter though, especially if we play chase!
During the day, we had a bit of time to sit down and at least write a list of to-dos down. It is long, but it starts, of course, with the "show me the money" section, so we can make sure we have an income stream coming into sustain ourselves. The rest needs to get done.... sometime.
There was one humorous episode tonight when, in her bid to be the all-time best contributing big sister ever, Jennifer tried to produce some milk for the girls. Her intentions were the best...
As I seem to be the king of dodgy tummies, Janet went back in to the NICU tonight to deliver more moo and visit the girls. Hopefully (again), it's something I ate... At this point, you're all wondering if I eat out of ditches. Well, I am too: how frustrating -- I've really been enjoying the double cuddles with Emily and Heather too! Anyways, nothing notable to report on their status at this point. They are taking it one step at a time. The occupational therapist is showing up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, so at least one of use will have to be there to take notes.
Tomorrow promises to be super hectic. Jan has a doctor's appointment, and Caitlyn has an appointment (up to 2 hours apparently) to get her eyes checked again. There is a heightened level of concern with children as premature as our girls with a condition called retinopathy of prematurity (or ROP, for short). None of the girls seem to be showing signs, yet, but there is a great deal of caution with children this young!
Anyways, another night of feeds and diaper changes awaits, and a busy day on the morrow, so I'd best bid you all a good night!
Cheers,
Jeremy


No comments:
Post a Comment