One of the things that I've been caught saying when people ask "how are things" - is "I'm still standing"... Well, as you know, today was our first full day of having all of the girls home. I think I need to change the saying slightly to...."I'm barely standing".
Granted, today was a busy day (not unlike many of our days lately)...
Our day starts early at 7:30 for Emily's first breakfast followed quickly by Caitlyn at 8:00 and Heather at 8:30. Now of course there is Jennifer as well who often wakes between 7:30 and 8:00 - thankfully, she is a happy waker, if you will, and often can be heard reading to her dolls in the morning. I'm usually getting her up before Caitlyn gets her breakfast during which time we can read books all together. So, once all the babies are fed, it is usually about 9:15...time for the little and big people to eat.
This morning was particularly notable as we had both a community health nurse coming in at 10am and, Papa had arranged for a prospective buyer of the CRV to meet him at 10am as well. Cheerios were consumed, and clothes donned ready to greet our respective guests. The nurse was quite quick in her visit and assessed Heather and weighed both Heather and Caitlyn. Heather gained a whopping 85grams in 2 days and Caitlyn has averaged about 26 grams per day (very respectable)...so the nurse gone, Mama and Jennifer headed out for a quick play....ooops...cancel that as it was already 10:40 and time to start round two of baby feedings...I think you can see how this goes....
Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Aunty Stephy today - what a wonderful support she has been over the past few days...thank you does not capture how grateful we are. We also welcomed Aunty Cindy today who will stay with us for a week - we are so blessed to have such wonderful and willing family!
Papa was busy for the better part of the day trying hard to sell our CRV -- with great success I might add!! He landed a fair price and we were both delighted to have one more item off the "to do" list.
So...the remainder of the evening plodded along with more feeding of babies and big mouths, preparing milk for the next feeding, reading books with and then putting Jennifer to bed...The time goes by so quickly.
Please don't read this as a complaint - it's not. We're so happy to have all four of our girls under one roof - their chorus of voices raised all at once (albeit stressful sometimes) is quite a relief. We are all healthy, happy and, yes, tired.
And with that, good night!
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment