If you haven't already read Jan's Saturday post, please read it below. It's a bit beyond me now to repeat the details. Suffice to say that Jan has shouldered the worst of a tough, tough day today. She went in to see Emily intubated and transferred away from her siblings, back a critical care bed in the Level III (most acute) side of the nursery. We had obviously hoped none of the girls would ever have to experience intubation, but I guess you can resign yourself to it if you feel it is the right way to help them in the moment. I guess we just wish the need had never arisen, but that's crying over spilt milk at this point. Emily's transfer back to Level III is a reflection of the seriousness of her situation, as Jan reflects in her posting.
Although I am feeling a bit better tonight, it is especially frustrating that I can't be there with the girls (and Jan), to at least talk to them and let them hear my voice, never mind hold them and comfort them. And what really aches is knowing that they are small, and sick and vulnerable, and there is nothing I can do to protect them. I don't think I've ever felt quite so useless. I've been saying, tritely, that these girls are going to have their ups and downs, but I perhaps naively assumed that we'd never slide this far, this fast.
This is tough.
This is tough.
Jer
Hang in there, Jeremy, from a Koot Hoot in North Vancouver, we send our love and prayers. I will touch base this week when I am back your way..
ReplyDeleteAll our love, bro,
Jennifer
Jeremy
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts and prayers are with you. Not much else to say other than hang in there....
Love Chris and Maggie
jer - my pregnancy with huxley was beyond tough, it sapped every inch of me, everyday. and i remember a particular that i had my amnio with him, lux ended up in the ER, i had the most terrible cold on top of the most terrible pregnancy and geoff (sick as well), shouldered it all, but was broken...and we did it - we came out the other side and at the time it seemed we wouldn't. it will forever go down as the worst week we've weathered as a family...
ReplyDeletelikely pales to your struggles - but struggle dad and know we are all sending you all our best vibes for a speedy recovery for everyone and think of this day next year, you'll have 4 healthy gals, a recovered and rested mom and you'll be on your feet in fighting form.
love to you - claire.