Ok, I promised pictures and I'm good on my promise....
First however, let me offer the day's end update.
No sooner had I put a period at the end of the last post than the medical Fellow sought me out to inform me that both Heather and Emily needed yet another spinal tap. As a nurse, I understood the reasoning behind the decision to re-poke the girls -- as a parent, I wanted to scream and steal the girls away from the hospital and never subject them to any more painful procedures.
Alas, the procedures went smoothly and the (hopefully) final results will be back tomorrow or Saturday. The good news is that Caitlyn's spinal tap results all came back negative, although the full implications of this result are not yet clear. We still need to wait for final results for Heather and Emily. The medical fellow reassured me tonight that the prognosis for premature babies who were well initially, prior to contracting any viral illness is quite good. So...we're tentatively breathing a small sigh of relief.
The girls - all three - delighted me with wakefulness and energetic movement. Caitlyn again was a champion on her soother and seems to have passed her skill on to her sister Heather. Emily was exhausted from all her activities today; however, we did steal some glances at each other before she ventured into her dreams.
Another day closer to bringing those three home to their big sister who still requests each day that "they sleep at home tonight?"
Goodnight....
Enjoy the few pictures....Jer really needs to return so the picture quality improves...
Jan
Caitlyn enjoying a much needed rest...
Emily with her tape mustache...
Heather also with her tape mustache...



Hi Jan,
ReplyDeleteSending good vibes to you all from out here in North Van...can't wait to hear about the big homecoming of these three girls!
Much love,
Alison, Alex & Charlotte