Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Let's call it a WIN...

First, let me say thanks to all of you have been following along with us so closely. I feel badly that all you're getting is my version of things; however, hopefully, Papa Jeremy will be back in the action soon enough. Secondly, I realize that all of you would probably like to see some pictures of these sweet girls that you have been reading all about. I blame it on my "hormone head" as I keep forgetting to take the camera with me....rest assured, that each day these girls get cuter and cuter. I promise to take the camera tomorrow....I promise to take the camera tomorrow...I promise to take the camera tomorrow....

Today we'd like to think of as a "win" of a day. The girls are all showing more signs of increased energy and vitality. Emily again is the most vocal of the three right now, making it known to the nurses that she is not happy with all of the pokes and prods that go along with making sure she is ok. I left her tonight looking very snug - lying on her tummy having a very sweet dream. She is back to getting some milk and tolerating it very well so hopefully all will continue in this direction.
Heather continues to need the breathing support however this was down-graded today from "sipap" to "c-pap". She seems to be holding her own with this although still is experiencing the odd heartrate and oxygen dips. Again, this likely is more typical of needing to grow out of it. She too was much more energetic tonight compared to last night, kicking, squirming and even giving some small cries. She and I had some brief moments together as I practised my skills on changing her diaper and other nightly ablutions - after which she was exhausted and fell right to sleep.
Caitlyn was very restful today and seemed to sleep much of the day. Tonight, however, she was wide awake, (hopefully this is not a trend that continues over the next year(s)!), when I went in and we had a nice "cuddle" while the nurse changed her bedding. The cuddle needed to occur inside her isolette; however, for the Mama, it was sheer bliss to hold this beautiful life in my hands once again. After being settled, she showed great skill in sucking on her soother and eventually put herself to sleep.

So, we wait for the results of the spinal fluid cultures taken last night and hope that they come back negative... In the mean time, we can sleep soundly tonight knowing that today was a good day and the girls are all doing well. 

As for their Papa....he too is feeling better and will hopefully be back on the scene in days. He misses his girls and is very eager to lay eyes (and hands) and each of them again. 

Today's score? Girls 3 - Germs O

Until tomorrow.....

Jan

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your babes, and hubby, are rallying. We are thinking of you all and hope for another post in the girl's win column!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear everyone is rallying! You go girls!! (and guy :)). Thinking about you all. Danielle

    ReplyDelete