Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day-by-day.....

Well, today is a new day and the girls are all showing signs of slow recovery. 

Caitlyn is in her element today despite having what seems to be all the signs of meningitis like her sisters. She was very active today making her way repeatedly down to the bottom of her isolette, to all of the nurses' amazement. She finally started to gain weight today -- Yay -- which may account for much of her increased energy today...

 Caitlyn having a snooze...

Emily held her own over night and during the day today. She will likely be extubated tomorrow however, the team is cautious for now as they do not want to have to put the breathing tube back in once it is removed. She too is showing some signs of greater energy however, she is still pretty pooped out. She has been taken off of any food by mouth for now, until she is a bit stronger - hopefully in the next couple of days she will get back on the milk that can help fight some of the bugs.
Emily - prior to her intubation.

Heather seems to be plodding along - she too had signs of more energy today, however,  is still very tired and restful. She gave me some beautiful smiles tonight and graced me by opening her eyes when I was visiting her. 

 Heather - getting her evening snack...

All in all, the girls are all doing as well as possible given the circumstances. We'll wait until tomorrow to get the results of their cultures to see exactly what kind of infection they have...if possible. 

For now, we will all collapse - exhausted but encouraged. 
Tomorrow is another day....


Jan
--

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet and Jeremy. This is Amy van Riessen (formerly Amy Sexton... Trish Gueulette's little sister). Congratulations on your sweet baby girls! I don't know if Trish told you, but I have 1-year old twins (and a 3-year old) and have become good friends with MANY triplet families. In fact, on Saturday I took pictures of newborn triplets (I'm a photographer) that just came home from the hospital. They were born at 31-weeks, similar to you, and they are now all home, healthy and thriving. You can see them at www.imagesfromamy.com, if you click on "blog". I'm sharing this with you to give you hope that in a couple of months this will all seem like a bad dream and you will all be home with your precious family. In the interim, I will be praying for you and your family. I believe that God is holding those sweet babies in His hands, even when you can't be there to hold them yourselves.

    ReplyDelete