One thing I've realised with these babies is that time goes by quickly...we're on "triple" time here! Just when you think that you've got an hour or two to get something done, yikes...it's time to feed a baby, a toddler or an adult!
We bumped into that scenario today (ok we crash into this scenario every day) - Jer was planning to go out to run an errand - by the time he was ready to go it was already time for lunch. Well, he decided to go anyway and, in the end it all worked out for the best... He packed up Heather and Jennifer and the three of them went out for some quick errands. Caitlyn, Emily and I stayed back, had a nap, and took advantage of the quiet afternoon to get in some much-needed baths (the babies that is - I actually do get a shower every day ;-) ) The rest of the gang arrived home just in time for Heather to get a quick bath before her 2:30 lunch....ahhhh. There is nothing like clean babies.
Overall, we've had a really good day here. This in full contrast to yesterday which, near the end of the day, I was really questioning my abilities...my reliable mantra (the art of the possible) was just not working for me. Now, I should clarify - we had a great morning - we all packed up and went outside for a "picnic party." It was a beautiful day and the girls, both small and large, had a great time! In the evening though, Heather was virtually inconsolable and was uninterested in eating anything. Every time she tried to drink, she would cry in what seemed to be significant pain...Papa did a quick run the to drug store for some Tylenol and I nervously stayed home with the girls...after some soothing time she eventually took to nursing and Papa raced home with the Tylenol. All turned out okay, Heather settled and we all got some sleep. She's been slow to feed well again; however, this afternoon and evening she seems much more herself...phew! Tonight, in fact, babies were all fed by 8:45pm (almost unheard of) and Jer and Heather had a nap in the chair while I went outside to finish some quick painting projects Jer had started.
So tonight seemed like our "triple" time slowed a bit and we were able to take a breath. It's a beautiful evening here after a hot day and we're all welcoming some much needed slumber soon.
Hope your evening is cool wherever you are...
Caitlyn and Emily
The "picnic party"
Great naps in fresh air!!
Heather and Emily
Have a good night...
(Jer) Jan and the clan!






No comments:
Post a Comment