Jeremy began saying this to me shortly after Cailtyn came home, during moments when I was anxious about not getting this or that done or not producing enough mild etc. It's become somewhat of a lifeline and a normaliser for me, a mantra that I can rely on to bring me back to focus (if only for another moment).
Well this week found us acting out the art of the possible. We got out for our first family outing! The 6 Frasers packed up and ventured out to our local "Cabin Cafe" coffee shop for lunch! We had a great time and the babies slept through in bliss. Jennifer of course was wide awake for the whole adventure and had a fantastic time. The parental units...well we were so excited to be outside of the house and, if I might add, proud of ourselves for getting there. We declared that this should be a daily event (ok, well maybe not going out for lunch but just going out!)
The week has been a bit chaotic - the girls have all been fussy at different times of the day - and sometimes all at once. This was manageable with our recent supports of the Lantzville and Victoria Frasers with us, however, sadly we had to say goodbye to everyone (Grandma and Grandpa yesterday and Chris and Sash two days prior) and we're back to only Jer and I along with the ever supportive big sister. Jennifer for her 2 years is already a fantastic and caring big sister. She could be heard all day today during Heather's periods of discomfort and fussiness saying quietly to Heather - "it's okay, Jennifer's here" while stroking her back...she gave all of her sisters hugs and kisses and whispers of "I love you". How blessed we are.
May I take a moment to thank Grandma and Grandpa Fraser for their tireless efforts to support us in so many different ways - this did not go unnoticed and was greatly appreciated. Thanks also to Sasha who worked diligently on sanding down some desperate Adirondack chairs which Grandpa Ross and Papa then painted. Jennifer was also the recipient of many hours of her cousins undivided attention - she was on cloud 9! Thank you thank you to all.
Today started out with Jennifer and I getting out for a bike ride to the library and grocery store only to discover that the support person (comes every Friday for 3 hours) was not staying until 1pm (as I had thought) but rather left at 12 noon. Poor Papa was home alone juggling and consoling babies for an hour on his own. So the afternoon was a bit stressful but alas, even the crying and fussing eventually comes to an end. The evening was marked by a peaceful dinner and quiet evening overall. Strangely, Jennifer has taken quite a fear to our cat Griffin and was, almost, inconsolable with fear after being put uneventfully to sleep for the night. Only after numerous "friends", books, Sophie giraffe, some water and 2 "Smarties" (for going potty - likely she didn't perform however was insistent that she did and desperately needed 2 Smarties which is the agreed upon incentive for a tinkle in the big girl potty) did I negotiate for her to quietly lie back down with the promise that Papa would come in and say "night night" after he returned home. As you might imagine, her exhaustion overtook her and she was asleep within moments.
And so, as the night approaches midnight yet again I realise that I have not gotten to bed at my hoped for time. Jer has handed me his "to do" list of recent projects needing completion (a 2 pager)...with all of this I again reflect on my mantra and begin repeating it silently to myself and prepare myself for another day.
We are happy and healthy here....maybe a wee bit tired.
Grandpa Ross succumbing to Heather's hypnosis
Cool cousins
Emily, Heather, Caitlyn
Caitlyn under Jennifer's hypnosis
Emily, Caitlyn & Heather (giggling)
Goodnight...
Jan








No comments:
Post a Comment