Monday, August 16, 2010

Ode to Papa...

I was standing at the kitchen window this afternoon looking into the backyard. From this vantage point, I could see and hear the sights and sounds of summer....Jennifer was on her swing, swinging with legs outstretched which, eventually, would land firmly on her Papa's stomach - this of course would be met with Papa giving out a great "oof" and "ohhh" followed by gales of giggles from Jennifer. Later, while at the same window, I could hear the gentle guidance of Papa, instructing Jennifer how to "tap tap tap" the pegs into the peg board he was making for the back door, to which Jennifer responded with delight.

I was struck in these moments watching these lovely scenes by the reality of how lucky my 4 daughters are. They have a wonderful and loving Papa. He is, by all accounts, a fun, adventurous, caring and generous Daddy...Jennifer can attest to this already and, if they could speak, I believe all three babies would give us all a full accounting of the numerous times he has spent talking, cooing, cuddling and gazing upon each of them. What a wonderful way to grow up, in the broad arms, that seem to be perpetually hugging, of a great Dad. I could go on, but perhaps it is suffice to say that I feel lucky too and very grateful. Collectively, thank you from all your girls.

And now, here are a few sights from our last few days....enjoy



Jennifer reading a book to Heather....

Emily and Heather snuggles

the wigglers

Caitlyn and Heather cuddle

The many faces of Emily




"Sleepy-Dad" with Heather

"Grizzly Dad" - pre-coffee

The "swinger" - Heather

The "swinger" - Jennifer

The Fraser girls out on the town!

Chums for life! - Heather and Jennifer


Caitlyn and Emily

The "Muskatetes"...Caitlyn, Emily and Heather

Picnic in the park

Caitlyn snoozing in the Chariot...

Heather not snoozing but should be...

Emily getting comfy in the Chariot...

The Chariot(s)

Jennifer's favourite park attractions - "the jeep"...

...and the "twister" slide

Mastering the climbing bars...look at me Grandpa Bill!!




Hope your days are just as adventurous...
Love 
Jan et al..


No comments:

Post a Comment