A while back my wife blogged an “Ode to Papa,” and it was a lovely, touching piece but, in case you hadn't yet figured it out, my lovely wife is really the marvel of this household and this family.
I won't lie: I feel tired from time to time. I'm guessing that this is partly what comes from having babies (triplets!) when you are over 40, and partly a defect of my personality. I'll even admit that, from time to time, I start to feel as though I could really use a day off. In these pathetic self-indulgent moments, I can easily sober myself up by reflecting on my wife and her boundless energy and drive.
She is both the brains and the brawn of this operation, and she carries a heavy load. When I have finished feeding babies at 4:00AM, Janet heads for another session, to produce more milk for the babies. More often than not, she is the one thinking ahead about what we will have for dinner, bathing schedules, naps, appointments, and arranging support when we need it. She is almost endlessly efficient, and she seems not to suffer from the brain-fog that I am afflicted with when tired. Somehow <GASP>, she seems to get by without coffee!
In her “spare moments,” she is always looking to find ways to create opportunities to play with Jennifer, or to come up with projects that we can do together. She is always looking out for me, trying to find opportunities for me to get rest or relaxation (often at her expense...), or she may be sitting down at the computer to keep family and friends informed through this blog.
I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful mother to my children. She is a more incredibly loving, caring, attentive and nurturing mother than I could scarcely imagine. I see this reflected every day in the faces of my daughters, and I can feel it in every gesture of my wife's love, friendship, support and companionship.
I am so looking forward to having a wonderful Christmas with all my girls, but I especially hope that I can find some way to share the peace and joy of the season with Jan, my dear wife.
Here's to you, my love!
Jer
No comments:
Post a Comment